Pick Up & Drop Off
Student drop off and pick up usually occurs from 8:35-8:50 and 3:28-3:45. Parents are asked to pick up and drop off their children south of the crosswalk on Meadowlark, or north of Beattie in the cul-de-sac on Nighthawk. We especially encourage parents of our younger students to use the cul-de-sac or the church parking lot, and to walk their children across the street to the playground.
- The red curb area is for student drop off only, and is on the south side of Meadowlark, extending from the bike racks to the crosswalk. There is no parking here at any time during the school day.
- We have daycare van loading and unloading on the north side of Meadowlark and it extends from the crosswalk to the parking lot entrance. We request that there be no parking here during dismissal times.
- The Beattie parking lot is small and there is not a lot of space for staff, parents, and buses. It is best to avoid the lot during drop off and pick up hours because of the congestion.
Please also remember that you can keep our students safe by:
- Not double parking on Meadowlark or Nighthawk, at any time
- Not making U-turns in front of the school (from driveway to driveway)(this is illegal and an expensive ticket according to Fort Collins Police)
- Crossing only at the crosswalk on Meadowlark
Thanks for helping us out.
- Bus schedules will be available on the PSD transportation website beginning in early August.
- Access morning and afternoon bus stop information here.
- Route numbers identify buses.
- Students will identify their morning and afternoon bus based on the route number posted in the window closest to the entrance door of each bus.
In some cases, the route number for your child’s morning bus will be different than the route number for your child’s afternoon bus.
- Cards/labels help students determine correct bus:
To help students learn their route numbers, elementary students will be given a card/label when they get off of their morning bus at the beginning of the school year. The card/label will have their morning bus route number and the afternoon bus route number and should aid students in finding the correct bus in the afternoon.
The card can be carried by the student until they remember their route numbers.
- Please encourage your child to ride the bus the first day of school so they can learn the system. School staff members, bus drivers, and additional transportation staff will help guide students to the correct buses the first couple days of school to familiarize students with the process. If you have questions about bus routes, please contact the PSD transportation department at 970-490-3232 or visit the PSD transportation website.
- Learn more about one-time bus passes.
City of Fort Collins Bus Changes:
For several years, the City of Fort Collins Transport Department has been able to offer youth mobility throughout Fort Collins at no cost thanks to a grant from the Bohemian Foundation. Because the free youth fare is so valuable, youth will be required to present a valid form of ID in order to ride the bus. The great news for PSD students is that the PSD Student ID card will meet that requirement! Visit fcgov.com/transfort for more information.