Beattie Literacy Intervention Team
In partnership with parents and teachers, we provide supplemental small group instruction in reading to help students reach grade level expectations. We strive to empower students to apply reading skills and strategies to “crack the code” of reading. Our ultimate goal is for our students to build a love for reading and become lifelong readers.
During our WIN time groups, we...
- Teach targeted, small groups of students during WIN (What I Need) Time
- Groups of 4-6 students for 30-45 minutes, four days a week
- Provide direct instruction and modeling with a focus on phonemic awareness and phonics
- Use hands-on/kinesthetic learning approaches
- Practice, practice, practice
- Have fun learning using games and activities
- Track student progress and guide instruction using assessments
“To learn to read is to light a fire.” - Victor Hugo